Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fresh Beat Band Cake

Photobucket

First I want to thank everyone for your great suggestions on my last post. If you didn't read it, you should and I would love your input. I will be doing a follow up post with every one's thoughts, and yes, I will be watermarking my photos! ( on my to do list for today)

Sorry I have been totally MIA. The stomach flu arrived at our house and I have been taking care of it for the past 4 days, not fun when you have a 4 month old baby and a little demanding, dramatic -beautiful 4 year old.

The cake...
I know some people think less is more, but other people think more is what they want! this might be one of those busy cakes but it turned out the way my client wanted. She was very happy when she saw it, and after her little one's party she sent me the sweetest email.

For those of you that don't have children, The Fresh Beat Band is a popular TV show in Nick jr and little kids love it. I made the cake inspired by the characters outfits, colors and their favorite musical instruments.

 
Photobucket


To make the name, stars and number I used small gumpaste cutters.
Photobucket

I used cookies cutters for the music notes
The guitar and the other instruments I hand cut them using  templates.


Photobucket


Photobucket
I hope you all are having a great week so far. Thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

SweetThingsTO said...

Wonderful cake with such happy colors! Hope you are all feeling much better!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you were sick Kathia. Hope you are better now and hoping neither of the girls comes down with it!

This cake is wonderful. Great colours and I don't think it is busy at all. The kids will love it.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the flu, that is NO FUN! This cake is something else.I love all the detail. You have done a wonderful job again.

Ratita Golosa said...

Te ha quedado muy chulo!
Bss

Sue said...

I love all the details, especially the keyboard! Beautiful job, Kathia!

Yaneri said...

This is sooooo cool!! What did u use to make the guitar? is that a cookie cutter?

Yaneri
www.sweetbakesofmine.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.