Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hot Air Balloon Cake and Cookies

 
I had the best time making this Hot Air Balloon Cake.
The color palette was just so colorful!  teal, coral, yellow, white and baby blue all combined were perfect. This little boy celebrating his 1st year certainly had a great party.
 I used this Hot Air Balloon cookie cutter to make the Hot Air Balloons floating on the cake. Unfortunately, I do not have a cloud cutter yet, so I hand cut them.
 The details in the balloons were made with royal icing.

 
 I used a Wilton letter mold to make his name.
 
 
And of course, you can't have a Hot Air Balloon Cake without matching
 Hot Air Balloon cookie favors.
These cookies turned out so pretty.
 This cookie cutter is 6.25" big, which gives you a lot of room to play around with your design.

Do you like matching the cake and cookies favors for birthday parties?
or you are more of a goody bag gal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.