Friday, August 22, 2014

Back to School theme cookies


Around here we have started our back to school count down. I can't believe my little girl is going to second grade!!
Seriously, where did the time go?

Is totally normal for me to introduce myself to the new teacher with bake goods,  do you send anything to the teacher the first day of school?

A nice set of back to school cookies is a great idea. This month, The Cookie Cutter Company is putting together a Back to School cookie set that I thought would be perfect for the beginning of the school year.
 


 
 
 
Let’s get some supplies and make some cookies:
-Or get the complete Back to School Cookie Cutter Set here.
-Americolor yellow, pink, red, black and green royal icing
-Couplers, pastry bags, tip #2 and squeeze bottles
-Leaf tip
-Black edible marker
-Black and pink sanding sugar
 
 

 





APPLE COOKIES

 

Start by outlining the cookie with black icing and then flooding with red. Add the green leaf and let the cookie dry for a few hours.

Once the icing has set, outline the apple and make the stem with black icing, sprinkle with black sanding sugar.
 
 
 
 
CATERPILLAR COOKIES
 

I am not into worms or caterpillars, but who wouldn’t like a cute pink caterpillar?



To make this cookie start by outlining the cookie with the pink icing and filling the body in alternating sections, letting the icing dry for a bit before flooding the tail and rest of the body.

Once the cookies are dry, add any details you might want. I only did a simple smile and eyes, but you can also add a fun bow or eye glasses. Add the tentacles and "feet" and sprinkle them with the pink sanding sugar.
 
 
 
CRAYON COOKIES
 
 

Crayon Cookies are super simple to make, I just  borrowed one of my kid’s crayons to get a similar design.
 
Outline the cookies with black icing; let the icing set a bit before flooding with the yellow color icing to avoid bleeding.

Let the cookie dry completely before adding the black details and the yellow squiggly lines. I used a black edible ink marker to write on the cookie.

 
 
 
 
 
 Happy cookie Decorating!!
I am curious, do you send anything to the teacher on the first day of school?
 

1 comments:

Stacy T. Gilley said...

Great cookies, beautiful designs.,,,,San Diego Coffee Shop
,,,coffee

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.