Friday, October 31, 2014

The Hungry Caterpillar Cake, Smash Cake and cookie favors

 
I made this  Hungry Caterpillar theme cake for a little girl's 1st birthday party, the bottom tier is chocolate cake filled with chocolate ganache and the top tier is vanilla buttermilk cake with cookies and cream filling.
I love the way the cake topper looks, this is a design a saw online and thought that it was adorable , kudos to the idea's creator!!!




Honestly, it was a little hard to put the Hungry Caterpillar together, it took around 4 days to completely dry.


 I hand cut the different fruits, use a mold for the lettering and a butterfly cookie cutter for the butterfly.

Along with the Hungry Caterpillar cake I made a 6"inch smash cake with a replica of the caterpillar.
 
I also made 50 large butterfly cookie favors.
 
This is such a cute theme for a birthday party, don't you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.